Lock aspect ratio

labmonkey

Thanks it worked lovely. I have 5 more to do now with different sizes and the images are different sizes as well. I just tried one following your directions and it came out completely wrong.

So it worked? It didn't work?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bobzy20

• JD Mather

• SWfangirl

• CyberAngel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Autodesk please add the 'Unlock Aspect Ratio' feature for Images to your next 2013 version of AutoCAD and maybe all your programs where you can import images.

Thanks

:D

I don't think this is an Autodesk problem - I suspect it is a MS Window or bitmap file format problem.

I do a lot of placing of images in MS Word for documentation.

I notice that some will scale proportionally and some I must hold the Shift key while scaling to force proportional or I will accidently change the aspect ratio.

I have not bothered to try to find rhyme or reason - since my only need is to ensure that I don't accidently change aspect ratio.

Of course there is another method that does not involve making an intermediary block - Rotate 3D. If you rotate 3D about the X or Y axis, it has the effect of fore-shortening the image. Just what you want.

RotatedImage.jpg

I woke up in the middle of the night and realized I had the a and b backwards above. (should be correct now)

I will verify the true calculation in a couple of hours when I really wake up.

LOL. It's nice to know that I am not the only one that happens to!

• 2 months later...

I have found a way of copying and pasting an image into AutoCAD and then having the option to turn on or off the ‘Lock Aspect Ratio’ which is handy.

I have AutoCAD 2012 Full and it worked for me.

I opened my image in Photoshop and then pushed CTRL +A (Select All) and then pushed CTRL +C (Copy) and then pasted the image into AutoCAD. I then selected my image in AutoCAD and right-clicked and selected properties.

You will notice under the Geometry section at the bottom it says ‘Lock Aspect’ with the option to select Yes or No.

Nice.