Contact Solver

shift1313

Is there any way to model interaction between components in the assembly environment? In a motion study I know you can add contact relationships, but im looking for something in the assembly environment. I know about interference detection, but its not really what im looking for.

Here is an example. In Inventor I can turn components into Contact Sets and either manually move them or drive contraints to see how they intersact. Simple mates in the assembly environment(gears for instance) only simulate a mathematical relationship and not actual contact between teeth. While the motion study will do what I would like, I would still like to manually move components and have them move other components.

Hopefully that made sense.

Thanks JD, that was what i was looking for. I played with it a bit but my practice assembly is a helical gearset so not the most friendly. It seems to work with sensitivity kicked up but still appears "labored". Could be my computer though. It works much better with a simple example of boxes on a plane.

Is this only available while using move/rotate components? It appears that way.