OLE objects not showing up

Guest Robert Suggs

Guest Robert Suggs

Running 2002

i have one page in my standard drawing that is not much drawing. a large part of this page is an OLE object. the objet is a excel spreadsheet. the way I use this is i have a dawing file that i use as a template. the page with the OLE is saved in model space.

in this job i needed 12 pages withthe OLE object. so I copied the object 11 time to the right. then i made 12 new tabs for the 12 pages. the pages have a border and title block in paperspace. i make a a viewport on each page that shows each of the pages from model space.

now i have used this DWG for years with no trouble.

After the 4the page was made and i tried to make the 5th page with a OLEE object. I had the page copied in model space with everything except the OLE. I am copied the object OK but when i print the object is not shown. I get the same problem in print preview. I have 4 pages made as i always do but the rest will not print.

I double click an existing object to open it is excel. i make the edits to the new page in excel then copy the revised spreadsheet using CTL C and CTL V.

I have tried to delete the eroneous page and recreate it but keep getting the same problem.

any ideas. questions?

thanks Bob

You might check your properties and make sure you have them set to "lineart", in 2000-2002 versions OLE objects need to be "lineart" for some silly reason, if you upgrade to 2004 you'll have to change them back to "text".

Guest Robert Suggs

Thanks for the try but no luck. the objects that are printing are in text. i tried it as text and lineart with no change. anyother ideas?

Bob

If your active layer was DEFPOINTS or any other no-plot layer at the time you pasted the OLE object then that may explain it. Try removing it and pasting again, making sure you are on a layer that you have set to plot.

• 8 years later...

Try this steps:

Rightclick > OEL > open > select all > cut & paste.

Its just your Graphic Card can't handle the size of your image. The best way is to resize your image before inserting it to CAD.

Hope this help.

• 8 years later...