first try on vray

mynmonic

i installed vray 1.5 demo and follow the steps of some tutorial to do the test. i'm told to open the first / second bounces in indirect illumination, set the G.I. engine to adaptive qmc, but in my rollouts there is no adaptive qmc for me to choose, there is only Irradiance map / photon mapping / light cache for me. is it because i'm using demo so no qmc for me?

on the other hand, probably because the version problem, for the image sampling rollout i got adaptive DMC instead of adaptive QMC. does it make any different in the GI engine options?

I've used both and I don't really see any major differences in render quality in one or the other. Yes Vray is a bit more user friendly, but they both get the job done and can produce extremely high quality renders. I stick with Mental Ray though because it ships with Max, so I don't have to pay extra for Vray.

in this post reply u said u've used both.