Civil 3D Newbie getting odd Site Volumes

djstrick110

Hello, all. I'm learning Civil 3D and am trying to calculate the Cut/Fill Volumes on a stream restoration project I'm working on. To summarize my results, I'm getting a net volume of 1.7 million cy of Cut for 1300 feet of stream:?. Given my site topography, I know this isn't the correct value. After checking a bound volume on a small section against my hand calculations, the CAD-generate volume appears to be almost 100 times larger than what is expected. I've checked my drawing units and contours, and everything seems to be kosher there. The only issue I ran into while creating the Existing Grade and Finished Grade Surfaces was a set of errors telling me that my breaklines had crossed at some locations. Any tips/advice on correcting the breaklines, or any advice on where else the error may lie?

Thanks in advance!