• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rickard5

• tzframpton

• PS_Port

• Da Mac

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

hey guys i just fond this forum, as i was looking for any unistrut dwgs i could (NICK :shock: ) download from a site and much to my suprise i find this forum. iam sure alot of the problems people are having with the difference between iso and 3D is that 3D is alot more complicated for begginers in cad as it looks what with the extra Z value entered into the system. lucky as from acad 2006 autodesk tottaly ripped out the 3D system and changed it lol.. some would say not for the better.

any way ( i do tend to drivle on) iso is the 2d draftsmans tool for doing quick and easy perspective views although i did ready on an early thread that someone was talking about making blocks if you will for use at a later date. does any of you know how to use the design centre in autocad this is the best way i have all section sizes in steel for everything. YES i mean everything bolts/beams/columns/chs/rhs/rsa/shs/ etc etc,... this is by far the best way to draw in cad if you can get hold of them that is.

any help time. try using 3d face command if you are doing a 3d drawing that will add a face for you to render / hatch or shade.

hatching in 3d is not really need if you use shade or render your materails in the materails libary.

i havent used iso for years and cannot remmember how to hatch it just seems to work on whatever plain im on without any probs so sorry i cannot help you out on that 1.:(

heres on i made earlier