How do I draw car chassis using autodesk inventor?

matttiya88

Hye,

Somebody can teach me how to draw a car chassis using inventor.? i'd been assigned an assignment to draw a complete car using inventor.. somebody please help me.:(

p/s: any good information sources so that i can learn well.?

thanks..

How much experience do you have? That sounds like it might be too complex of a job for a beginner. Have you gone through the built-in tutorials? Are you familiar with the Frame Generator? How much training in surface modeling do you have?

You might follow the link in my signature to the Inventor Tutorials.

How much experience do you have? That sounds like it might be too complex of a job for a beginner. Have you gone through the built-in tutorials? Are you familiar with the Frame Generator? How much training in surface modeling do you have?

You might follow the link in my signature to the Inventor Tutorials.

Thanks JD, :)

Ya, I'm quite a beginner but I have some knowledge on Frame Generator but poor at surface modeling. I would like if can go throu some exercise or tutorial on how to model a simple complete car with its chassis and body. Is there any step by step tutorial for me.?:(

I agree with JD, do you have a picture of what you would like to model so we can get an idea of the level of detail you want?

Hi Lazer,

Actually I'd been assigned to model a racing car.Maybe this picture can help me.

nus_9ix32_5784.jpg

Any suggestion on how I can draw this car using inventor.? I willing to learn eventhou its kinda hard for me as beginner.

Thanks for any good advices.

what class assigned this? This is not a simple task. How detailed does your chassis need to be? Are you trying to replicate something you have or draw a car of your design? I have not found a tutorial for what you are asking in inventor. There are several online for using 3d studio, rhino etc etc.

I agree with the above comments, this model is quite complex regarding the body shape and you sould need to be on an advanced level of using surfaces in Inventor, it can be done using inventor but would take a long time to get right.

well these are in different software packages but maybe seeing the curves can help you visualize things.

http://www.carbodydesign.com/tutorials/car-3d-modeling-tutorials.php

Be away that these surface modeling packages can create the low polygon surfaces and smooth them later. If you are a student you have access to Alias Auto from autodesk but I will warn you its not a simple program to work with. You have a lot of control over your sufaces though.

Alias Auto from autodesk but I will warn you its not a simple program to work with. You have a lot of control over your sufaces though.

I love the work Alias can do but always did wonder if it was easy to use. Thanks for the heads up so to say :wink:

Well the tools are totally different than a cad type software. The surfaces are setup to be imported into inventor for post work(mounting holes, flanges etc). The environment is similar to say 3ds max.