Advice on tree plotting needed please.

HBW

Hi all :)

I have some survey data for my course that needs to be plotted using CAD, I am a novice to CAD and whilst I have picked up a couple of things I feel I am going about this a bit arse about face.

I'll try and keep this as simple as I can.

We have to plot trees on a field, seperating out the species onto different layers. We have measured the field boundaries [it's a kind of rough rectangle with a few irregularities] and placed a datum line down the middle of it with 4 stakes along that line at set points.

These stakes were labelled s1,s2,s3,s4 etc and the trees were surveyed as to health, condition, species and then their bearing and distance from the corresponding stake we measured from.

I have put in the datum line using commands such as. [having corrected North to being 0 degrees in the units dialog box].

"line" @ 30

Then at the intersections have drawn a circle and deleted the lines afterwards, these circles are representing stakes 1-4 etc from which I have then started putting trees in using the same line command for example

Tree 1: Fagus sylvatica. "line" @4.54

Is there a way that anyone can recommend for me to go about doing this?

Sorry for the long post and thanks for any help guys.

Take a look in your Acad help at the XLINE command.

Options are Horizontal, Vertical, Angled, Offset, etc.

So you would put Horizontal and vertical XlLINEs at your datum, Offset XLINEs to give your stake positions, put XLINEs at the angles that you want from your stakes and then draw circles for the distances. Where these intersect is where your tree is.

Not sure it will be that much quicker though, but should save a bit of typing.