3D array along polyline path?

stevo99

Hi Folks,

I am trying to find an easier way to draw a brick garden edging, rather than place each brick individually.

Is there a command that allows the patterning / arraying of an object along a path. ie I have a plan view of the garden area with polylines to mark the edges I want bricked. Can I just pattern a brick along the polyline?

TIA

Assuming the polyline is a series of arcs, you can radial array each segment.

I know that is not as simple as you would like, but it is the best I can do on only one cup of coffee ... it's 6:54A here ... :)

Is there a command that allows the patterning / arraying of an object along a path.

Create a block with your Brick called Brick.

Polyline edit - join your path if you haven't already.

Issue the Divide (or Measure) command and select the block option and use your block "Brick". Follow the command line prompts and your brick will be patterned along the path.

F1

Create a block with your Brick called Brick.

Polyline edit - join your path if you haven't already.

Issue the Divide (or Measure) command and select the block option and use your block "Brick". Follow the command line prompts and your brick will be patterned along the path.

F1

Bricks in blocks, blocks of bricks..... This has the makings of a Dr Seuss story......:D

Joking aside, Thanks a bunch. I'll try it out tonight.

• 4 months later...

I've got a similar problem to this. But, my pavers are shorter in the corners and overlap if I use the same block. I'm working on a pavers that meet in the corners. Based on standard brick size of 230 x 110 x 76. So I'd guess I'd use two blocks, one 230mm long, and one cut down at 154 x 110 x 76.

Call about up'ing the anti.

Oh, I think I'm onto something as I found this while searching too...

******, just realised something, I gota rotate the blocks inline as welll... :(

I've posted my crummy drawing :(

bricks.dwg