Trouble changing dimension scale

Not sure how to describe this, but here goes...

I noticed today that I when I try to change the scale factor for my dimension text in the dimension style manager, it doesn't change the size or appearance of the dimension text at all. If I set the number low or high, the size of the dimension text remains the same. I don't know what happened to change this (and probably never will!) but I need to be able to change my text size.

Just upgraded to LT 2009 about a month ago and everything was going fine until now.

Any suggestions?

Thx!

Already checked the text size and it's okay. It's not set 0'0", but it's grayed out so I don't think that's the problem. (That's the way it appears in an older file that I opened which is working fine.)

I'm guessing that this file got corrupted somehow and I might as well start over. It's just a quick sketch for a materials order so it's not a big deal. Just frustrating!

Thanks for your input.

It's greyed out because the height of the text style being used for the dimension style is fixed. Type Style at the command prompt and change the Height to 0.

j1.jpg

Okay. Tried that, but it didn't change anything. ??? I don't know how this text setting would have gotten changed since I have my dim styles set up in a template that I use for every new file/project. Up until now it's always worked fine.

When I opened several older files, the dims work fine and the settings are all okay. (Including the text height = 0) I have no idea how this one got screwed up.

• 9 months later...
It's greyed out because the height of the text style being used for the dimension style is fixed. Type Style at the command prompt and change the Height to 0.

I followed these instructions and it worked fine, I set the text height to 0.0 after typing style into the command line and then the text height within DIMSTYLES (hit D on K/B) was fully adjustable and no longer greyed out :D and when you set it to the relevant text height i.e. 2.5 / 4 it moves with your dimscale