Problems with lids when running cosmoflowork

kirayat

I'm doing my final year project and wish to ask that why each time i run Cosmo Flowork it keep asking me to check geometry. But i already check few times that dun have any hole. Who can help me with this problems?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kirayat

• shift1313

• Cad64

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you gone through the help file on creating Lids? Say you designed a valve with one inlet and one outlet. Before running a flow analysis on it you need to "cap" these off. The reason you are doing this is to give SW its boundary conditions. When telling Cosmos where the inlet/outlet is you need to select the inside face of your lids so it knows where the air/water is coming in at and going at out.

First really need thanks for your reply because i really cannot find anyone else help me with the solidwork. Yup i already gone through the tutorial and follow all the step shown in tutorial there, i really don't know where is the problems is... If you dun mind can help me take a look on my solidwork file? And give comment on it? But i cannot post link because now my thread no yet more then 9. If you don't mind can let me know your email? I send the MU link to you that i had uploaded moment ago for my solidwork file.

i wont post my email on the forum just because i dont want to get hammered with junk mail and I cant send you a PM until you have enough posts unfortunately. I know you cant post links but if you can write it here without the .com im sure i can get to it. Since you are using Cosmos im guessing you have SW 08?

im sorry but i cant open the file. I dont have any software to unpack it and because of network restrictions I cant download/install anything to get the job done.

can you post a screen shot of the problem.

when you created your lids did you make sure the Merge Results box was checked to ensure the lids were part of the main body? What is it that you are working on?

When you first start, do you click the View Fluid Volume button? Is this where your error message is comeing from?

When you first start a flow analysis file you are prompted with a welcome screen, when you hit the right arrow it will take you to a Check Geometry tab. Here it will show you the min area your "flow" will have to go through. Just above that there is a view fluid volum button. Im not using cosmos or SW 08 so my screen will be a little different. SW doesnt use Cosmos after 2008.

can you change the transparency of the outside of your model. do this by selecting its name in the model tree and clicking the transparant assembly icon with glasses.

swtrans.JPG

how much experience do you have with Solidworks? How did you create your parts? Can you compress the part file for the outside part and attach it here? 250k file size limit.

untitled.jpg

I'm not really good at solidwork actually, i only know about basic thing. I create part by own use very long time. Compress the file in what form? How attach here?

in Windows if you right click on the file name, the pop up window should have a "Send To" Then select "Compressed(ziped)folder". This will take the file and just compress it to a smaller file that you can attach here to your post(if its under 250k).

Just looking at your model tree id say the problem is you have a multibody assembly thats not "sealed". Are you using Cosmos FlowExpress of FlowWorks? FlowExpress only supports one inlet and one outlet boundary condition. I believe flowWorks can do external flow as well as heat but the basic cosmos express will need to have a fully sealed body in order to do a flow analysis.

no problem.

I got the files opened and the problem is the way your roof goes through the sidecovers. Your side coveres are solid and so is the roof. What is the design intent with the part? Basically when working with multiple parts, each has to terminate at a face and be mated. Having parts go through other parts or having gaps is not allowed.

If you go to your Tools menu there is something called "Check" in here you can select maximum edge gap and Check the assembly. It will let you know if there are any invalid entities, cabs and so on.

im going to play with it a bit and see if i can find any other issues.