Scaling

Hi guys

Just a quick one.

I have a drawing that is drawin in 1:250 in model space, therefore when I setup my page in paperspace to 1:1 the scaling is correct.

My issue is that I want the drawing to be 1:1 on model space. Is there a scale option that I can use to scale the whole drawing from 1:250 in model space to 1:1 in model space???

Cheers

Hi,

That's what I used, the SCALE command, then referenece, of which I referenced a light fitting which is 1200mm in length. Not all the drawaing was scaled to precision. There were a lot of other objects that were way off the proper 1:1 lengths.

I was hoping that there was a command that scaled the drawing to a 1:1 in model space.

Thanks anyways

That's what I thought at first, but when I setup paper space to an A3 sheet and scaled the viewport to 1:1, plotted the drawing, then scaled the drawing via a scaled ruler - manually, it was to precise accuracy.

Basically the drawing was scaled to 1:250 in model space, and I'm trying to scale it back to 1:1 in model space. This was not achieved through the command SCALE unfortunelty.

What kind of objects are not scaled properly? Blocks? X-refs? Texts? Leaders? I know I always have trouble with scaling leaders because they have they're own scale assigned to them sometimes.

To put everyone in the picture, the company that I work for sent a drawing out that is drawn 1:1 in model space to a lighting company so that they can place lights with there lux calculations on the drawing plan . They sent back the drawing but was 1:250 not 1:1 in model space. They upload the drawing onto their lighting software and it scales it to 1:250, so I want to rescale the drawing plan with all the lights back to 1:1, and the command SCALE does not accomplish.

since SCALE is the correct command I can only suggest you resurect the drawing you sent out and add their bits or get them to correct it for you. If you have different X & Y scales you could make it into a block, apply seperate X & Y values and then explode the block. Alternatively there may be a UCS problem but beyond that I have no further suggestions.

I agree with Dave, SCALE is the correct command, there's nothing else I can think of that would do the same.

I have to say though, that I would think it would the responsability of the lighting company to give you back the drawing in the correct scale - not something you should spend hours correcting.

The Block suggestion of Dave sounds good - can you isolate their lighting fixtures and import it as a block in your original drawing?

Thanks guy for all your inputs.

To lower time wastage, I just inserted the lighting fixtures onto my drawings at same positions, seeing that we use common reflected ceiling grids. I was hoping that there would be an easier way than inputing them individually.

Thanks heaps though

Cheers

fk