Importing CAD file into Revit: Error Message

crosscad

Hello, I have a CAD file from a vendor and when I try to import into Revit I get a message saying it could not be imported b/c the file would be 2miles across. Immediately, I'm thinking ok, scale issue with the CAD file. How do I check the CAD file to be certain all the scale of drawing is set up properly? I have no problem importing any of my companies drawings into the same Revit file? :oops:

Hello, I have a CAD file from a vendor and when I try to import into Revit I get a message saying it could not be imported b/c the file would be 2miles across. Immediately, I'm thinking ok, scale issue with the CAD file. How do I check the CAD file to be certain all the scale of drawing is set up properly? I have no problem importing any of my companies drawings into the same Revit file? :oops:

How close is the drawing area to the origin? Have you checked?

How do I check it in the original CAD file?

type UCSMAN and go to the Settings tab. Make sure the "UCS Icon Settings" have On and Display at UCS Origin Point checked. OK that and close, now do a Zoom All to see how far away from the Origin point the rest of the drawing is. If it's zoomed way out, then you need to bring it closer to the Origin Point.