How to array objects along path?

I have a path (not common shapes) and I want to array the objects along the path. How can be done?

I'm using ACAD2006 but I have 2008 at work also. Thanks in advance.

1.jpg

Is your use of the term "array" literal or are you substituting it for the phrase "evenly spaced"? Just a point of clarafication. No offense implied or intended. Just when I think of an array I have in my mind's eye multiple rows and/or columns. Thanks.

make the object a block, use Measure or Divide (use option 'Align block with object')

Thanks! That worked fine! 8) I learned something new after 5yrs :lol:

Is your use of the term "array" literal or are you substituting it for the phrase "evenly spaced"? Just a point of clarafication. No offense implied or intended. Just when I think of an array I have in my mind's eye multiple rows and/or columns. Thanks.

Yes, I ment evenly spaced. :wink:

It seems like there was a recent post that showed how to do a similar function with non-evenly spaced items, but i can't remember... Ring a bell anyone?

gtkpm: Learning something new validates having gotten out of bed this morning!

rusty: Jeez, for a moment I read that as suppository. Whoa Nelly!

No suppositories here...

I've been dilly dalling around with the measure command using a block as described previously and I have run into a quandry. I have created a block with an attribute. I used said block when I ran the measure command. It places the block just fine, but it does not assume the default attribute value and will not allow me to ate it. It gives me the message "this block has no editable attributes". Anyone tell me why it's doing this?