Quadro FX580 or ATI 4890

craig_stott

Hey guys

I'm building a new computer and wanted some advice as regards graphics cards. I'm at university doing Architecture and as such need to run programmes such as 3DS, Rhino, Sketchup and Photoshop. However for rnr I'd like the ability to run games such as Crysis and COD2.

I've got about £150 budget, so am thinking Quadro FX580 or ATI 4890. I can't find a group test anywhere which compares quadro cards with gaming cards for both CAD functions or games, so I'm hoping someone could offer some advice please as to which the best option would be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Craig

Well if you want to run any kind of game then that automatically rules out the workstation graphics card. Go with the gaming card, it'll suit just fine for most of your normal CAD needs. The Quadro card you're inquiring about is a very low end workstation card anyways. Also, More processor and RAM help more than anything on just about any type of CAD related needs. 8)