easy way to adjust angles?

luke83

Hello im working with components on a cnc machine and i use autocad to draw all the hard stuff. My question is is there a easy way to set a objects side to a set angle like 0 without knowing what angle it was drawn on to start with basiaclly i want to just select whole object pick a side of that object i want to be the base point and rotate that whole object until the required angle is reached.

Currently im drawing a line off from the angle along 0 , measuring the angle then i delete that line so its not in my way, then i select rotate and rotate it to 0 degs, then i usually have to repeat the whole process over again to match it to another angle on anotherpiece (s the 2 have to match when finished) and there is way to time is wasted.:x

One option would be to use the [Reference] option while rotating. I do this a lot so I streamlined the process as shown in this thread:

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8142

With Polar Snap set, a rotation can be had with a minimum amount of picks.

That thread shows another command (Align) that can also be configured to simplify the rotation process.