Help using VBA to import (or open) an AutoCAD dwg to Solid Edge (please respond)

Dante Sparda

Hi, I'm doing an automatic AutoCAD drawing with VBA and I need to import it to Solid Edge ( I don't know if I can just open it), How can I do that??

Also it'd be helpfull if someone could tell me, once in Solid Edge, how do I zoom the whole drawing, and then export an image??

Any help will be good, even if it's not for the whole thing, so please answer, I need this as fast as it's posible.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Thank you Lee, but tthey haven't answered anything either,

I need this, can anyone tell me at least in which 3D software I can make this, since I haven't found SolidEdge instructions.

I’ve never used Solidedge, so I can’t say with any certainty, but a direct .DWG import may not be possible. If you are dealing with AutoCAD Regions and/or Solids you may also have the option to export as SAT (Acis format). Most of the solid modelers can import that file type.

Whether or not the application can be driven by VBA would best be determined by Solidedge’s own support forums. I don’t see much evidence of use here.