Xbox controller

JD Mather

A while back someone here was trying to model an Xbox controller - I couldn't find the thread, but if you are still around here is one that one of my students did in Inventor.

Also attached is another nice image of a model done in Inventor.

Console-Controller.png

Rubber Duck.jpg

• 1 year later...

General purpose tutorials in my signature. Once you have finished you should be able to create anything from X-box to the rubber duck.

JDM: Given the new mesh capabilities in AutoCAD 2011 do you think it is possible to create a XBox controller?

Disclaimer: I have yet to even take a look at working with meshes as it serves no purpose in my line of work.

JDM: Given the new mesh capabilities in AutoCAD 2011 do you think it is possible to create a XBox controller?

Disclaimer: I have yet to even take a look at working with meshes as it serves no purpose in my line of work.

I don't think you would need the mesh tools - should be able to do it in AutoCAD without them. I'm sure you could with them, but this gets into artsy/fartsy (technical term for the technique) modeling with no real control. I prefer to have parametric editing control.