any body else deal with over done drawing u have to xref

b.muqlueen

i get drawings from this one sheet metal company. and the drawings are so jam packed. all text and dims done in model space and it so hard to leave there drawing as is, and overlay it with my stuff. and body else have to deal with an issue like this?

I can just hope that the drawings comes with a pletora of layers so that you can freeze layers as you see fit. The command LAYFRZ is good, you can freeze all entities on one layer by clicking one of the entities.

thats what i usually do. but i feel. it is disrespectful, or unorthodox to change someone dwg. all though i keep the original fresh

thats what i usually do. but i feel. it is disrespectful, or unorthodox to change someone dwg. all though i keep the original fresh

It is NOT unorthodox to change someone else's DWG to fit your own standards. Do not change it only if they require you to not do so when/if you send the DWG back to them. If they give the file for you to do as please for your own shop standards, then by all means do what you must.

We do this on every job here in my office. :)