A lisp to insert all blocks in the file

asos2000

Some times there is a file has a lot of block but not inserted. but before making a purge i want to see all blocks. So I am searching for a lisp to insert all blocks. like the attached file.

12-17-2009 10-55-17 AM.jpg

Just put all blocks into ONE BLOCK inside a single DWG file. Then use Tool Palettes or Design Center to bring in that one block and all the others nested inside will come with it, inserting them all at once into your current drawing.

Here is a quick and dirty way to insert all block definitions in the current drawing.

(setq *acad* (vla-get-ActiveDocument (vlax-get-acad-object)))
(setq *ms* (vla-get-ModelSpace *acad*))
(vlax-for
         item
             (vla-get-Blocks *acad*)
 (setq name (vla-get-Name item))  
 (if (not (eq "*" (substr name 1 1)))
   (vlax-invoke-method
     *ms*
     'InsertBlock
     (vlax-3d-point (list 0.0 0.0 0.0))
     (vla-get-Name item)
   )
 )
)

• Like 1

Thanx

This is what I am looking for.

I made some change for insertion point.

(DEFUN C:BLKINS ()

(setq *acad* (vla-get-ActiveDocument (vlax-get-acad-object)))

(setq *ms* (vla-get-ModelSpace *acad*))

(vlax-for

item

(vla-get-Blocks *acad*)

(setq name (vla-get-Name item))

(if (not (eq "*" (substr name 1 1)))

(vlax-invoke-method

*ms*

'InsertBlock

(vlax-3d-point (getpoint "Pick Point"))

(vla-get-Name item)

)

)

)

)

but I have to pick point for each block. How to use the same point for all blocks

Try this:

(DEFUN C:BLKINS  (/ pt name)
 (vl-load-com)

(setq *acad* (vla-get-ActiveDocument
                (vlax-get-acad-object)))
 (setq *ms*   (vla-get-ModelSpace *acad*))

(vlax-for item (vla-get-Blocks *acad*)

(if (and (not (eq "*" (substr (setq name (vla-get-Name item)) 1 1)))
            (setq pt (getpoint "\nSelect Point for Block: ")))

(vlax-invoke-method *ms* 'InsertBlock (vlax-3d-point pt) name 1.0 1.0 1.0 0.0)))

(princ))

EDIT: Sorry, didn't read your last bit

Try this instead:

(DEFUN C:BLKINS  (/ blks pt name)
 (vl-load-com)

(vlax-get-acad-object)))

(if (and (not (zerop (- (vla-get-count (setq blks (vla-get-blocks *acad*))) 1 (length (layoutlist)))))

(vlax-for item blks

(if (not (eq "*" (substr (setq name (vla-get-Name item)) 1 1)))
       (vlax-invoke-method *ms* 'InsertBlock (vlax-3d-point pt) name 1.0 1.0 1.0 0.0))))

(princ))

I would extract them to individual drawings to a specified sirectory using wba.lsp and then I would use Bi (Blkimport.lsp) to insert all those extracted blocks to the current drawing using a gap of 5.0 units between them... you can change the gap inside the lisp.

wba.lsp

BI.lsp

Thanx RKMCSWAIN

Thanx LEE

There is a question

could the lisp calculate the block width then insert the next block in previous insertion point plus block width.

Just offering this one, if your purpose is for inspection, give a try also on autocad design center. Type ADC then go to 'open drawings' tab then pick on the 'blocks'. You'll see all the thumbnails in one window. And when you click on one thumbnail, a larger thumbnail is shown below which you can stretch further up so it can be seen having a larger view of the block without even inserting.

• 3 years later...

Hai,

is it possible to addapt the lisp command code to create a lisp to insert all blocks with name start with "PL Pan" ?

i don't know anything from the code but i used it and its verry practical thanks already! :-D

• 10 years later...
On 12/17/2009 at 8:54 AM, Lee Mac said:

I know this is a very very very old thread and lsp routine.  However, is there a way to provide a offset to each block or a table where they could be offset X-dist and Y-dist.  Let's say max of 50 blocks Y and a specific distance of 6" and however many it columns in X it took... there are about 640 blocks in this drawing I want to review.  Right now it inserts them all at same insertion point

On 12/17/2009 at 8:54 AM, Lee Mac said:

(DEFUN C:BLKINS  (/ blks pt name)
 (vl-load-com)

(vlax-get-acad-object)))

(if (and (not (zerop (- (vla-get-count (setq blks (vla-get-blocks *acad*))) 1 (length (layoutlist)))))

(vlax-for item blks

(if (not (eq "*" (substr (setq name (vla-get-Name item)) 1 1)))
       (vlax-invoke-method *ms* 'InsertBlock (vlax-3d-point pt) name 1.0 1.0 1.0 0.0))))

(princ))

Not sure what your asking for, very old post,  a couple of suggestions can do max X columns or max Y rows, take total number of blocks get sqrt this will make a X & Y, rows & columns equal of blocks.

• 3 months later...

This was useful for me:

(DEFUN C:BBB (/ blks pt name distance) (vl-load-com) (setq *acad* (vla-get-ActiveDocument (vlax-get-acad-object))) (setq *ms* (vla-get-ModelSpace *acad*)) (if (and (not (zerop (- (vla-get-count (setq blks (vla-get-blocks *acad*))) 1 (length (layoutlist))))) (setq pt (getpoint "\nSelect Point for Block: "))) (progn (setq distance (getreal "\nEnter the distance between blocks: ")) (vlax-for item blks (if (not (eq "*" (substr (setq name (vla-get-Name item)) 1 1))) (progn (vlax-invoke-method *ms* 'InsertBlock (vlax-3d-point pt) name 1.0 1.0 1.0 0.0) (setq pt (mapcar '+ pt (list distance 0.0 0.0)))))))) (princ))