Line Tangent to Two Circles

Lee Mac

LE is that the tangential geometric constraint in ACAD_2010?.

Nope.

It is an small app in ARX/Custom Object

And probably what these adesk guys used to write that new feature available in a2010, that by the way I have but so far don't have the chance to installed nor to try it :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee Mac

• LEsq

• wizman

• David Bethel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and very, very nice LE! :)

I wish I knew more than just LISP :(

Hi Lee,

You are doing very good use of lisp and showing that you can do nice routines - good stuff.

Luis.

Nope.

It is an small app in ARX/Custom Object

And probably what these adesk guys used to write that new feature available in a2010, that by the way I have but so far don't have the chance to installed nor to try it

Here's tangent geometric constraint in action, works similar. Tangents are drawn manually then when autoconstraint is applied, this is the result.

Parametric7.gif

Here's tangent geometric constraint in action, works similar. Tangents are drawn manually then when autoconstraint is applied, this is the result.

There you go - they copy me.... :)

I been doing these type of apps about 7 years ago....

Interesting...

No doubt about that Master LE...'-)

just LE.. :)

Just for curiosity purposes, when you apply those constrains, all those objects become like a group?... or in other words, if you copy from one it brings all the rest of that group?

Or someone have to apply the constrains as per selection basis.

Clear as mud?

Thanks.

i just had a quick try sir, no they are not becoming as a group, when i copy either a line or a circle, only the selected entities are copied. When i move any one then all are moving/stretching. And when i delete a line or a circle, the remaining constraints are still working. As for the selection, i just did a window selection on the four entites, then applied Parametric>Autoconstrain.

i just had a quick try sir, no they are not becoming as a group, when i copy either a line or a circle, only the selected entities are copied. When i move any one then all are moving/stretching. And when i delete a line or a circle, the remaining constraints are still working. As for the selection, i just did a window selection on the four entites, then applied Parametric>Autoconstrain.

Thank you Wizman.

( no question about dialog box this time) - what about crossing lines? Like this 0X0

Here are two in one with tangents / crossing tangents,

one from them is with dynamic dcl as you wanted be

I had tested them very quickly

~'J'~

tangents.LSP

Thank you Wizman.

You're welcome LE. I've been trying to make it work in 3D Belt Mech but no luck cant figure how to link the motion. Ive seen one before done on JTB site. It's a cool new tool, what more when constraints are applied to dynamic blocks.

Here's an interesting read from Autodesk.

http://au.autodesk.com/ama/images/media/AU09_SpeakerHandout_AU318-1.pdf