A Few things that are Getting on my Nerves

Lee Mac

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me resolve a few niggles that are really getting on my nerves recently.

I'm hoping that its just a Sys Var that I've overlooked, but I can't for the life of me work it out.

1. Property Selection: [ Solved! ]

Property.gif

If I select an object (or a SelectionSet of objects), then click on the 'Properties' button, the pickfirst selection is not detected.

Addtional Information:

PICKFIRST = 1

PICKADD = 1

PICKAUTO = 1

2. MText Editing ~ [ Solved ! ]

MtextClick.gif

When I want to edit an MText Object, if I double-click on the object, the 'mtedit' command is invoked, but then I have to click on the MText object an additional time to edit it.

Is there a way that I can edit the MText with just one double-click?

I hope that I have explained my predicaments with enough clarity, and I eagerly await your response.

Thanks in advance,

Lee

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee Mac

• LEsq

• lpseifert

• Glen Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you have the Properties window docked with Autohide on? I just tried it and discovered that if the Properties is docked and autohiding, clicking the properties button will CLOSE the properties window - but then a second click on the properties button will open it up again - and my selection is still valid.

I guess that's not it - but I just convinced myself that v2010 can do what you want to do.

I also just tested double clicking on MTEXT, 2 clicks edits the MTEXT and puts the cursor at the location of the double click.

pickfirst set to 1

pickadd set to 1

pickauto set to 1

I guess I'm not much help.

Glen

Thanks for your reply Glen,

Here is the settings for my Properties Panel:

prop.png

As for the MText, still no luck no matter where I click on it. :(

But thanks for your reply.

I wish I had a solution but... they say misery enjoys company.

This happened to me me about a year ago at work (problem #2). IIRC it occurred right after a Windows update. At the time we had Subscription support, but they could offer no solution. I did a lot of searching to find a solution, but no luck. Then one day it fixed itself; go figure.

As it turns out, coincidentally (or not), I have the same problem on my installation at home now. And it's not isolated to Mtext, any double-click edit requires a third click to select the entity to be edited.

If you find a solution, please post it- there's got to be more than two people experiencing this problem.

I wish I had a solution but... they say misery enjoys company.

This happened to me me about a year ago at work (problem #2). IIRC it occurred right after a Windows update. At the time we had Subscription support, but they could offer no solution. I did a lot of searching to find a solution, but no luck. Then one day it fixed itself; go figure.

As it turns out, coincidentally (or not), I have the same problem on my installation at home now. And it's not isolated to Mtext, any double-click edit requires a third click to select the entity to be edited.

If you find a solution, please post it- there's got to be more than two people experiencing this problem.

Its funny you should say that - because I think this happened not long after a windows update (or at least that's when I started noticing it...), so, as you say, hopefully it'll sort itself a little while later with another windows update... :P

When you have the properties bar open, can you Quick Select Polyline by object type, by layer, and it shows up?

Yup, qselect whilst panel is open works.

Nice...

About the first item, must be some of your settings, is this happens with any other objects?

I don't see this on AutoCAD 2009.

The other item, nope - that's normal - I always do the double-click, then another double-click to get one of text strings or ctrl+a to select all

It is something I never liked about the MText editor vs the text line.

The other item, nope - that's normal - I always do the double-click, then another double-click to get one of text strings or ctrl+a to select all

Well if this normal, then my current installation of 2009 at work is acting abnormally. All I need to do is double click on a piece of Mtext to edit it; I don't need to select it after dbl-clicking to open the Mtext editor. I'm fairly certain that this is the way it is meant to work though.

Well if this normal, then my current installation of 2009 at work is acting abnormally. All I need to do is double click on a piece of Mtext to edit it; I don't need to select it after dbl-clicking to open the Mtext editor. I'm fairly certain that this is the way it is meant to work though.

I don't draw anymore... so might forgot some settings here.

Do you know your settings?

Yes, same at home as at work, same as Lee Mac's, same as they were before the problem occurred...

Pickfirst=1

Pickadd=1

Pickauto=1

Dblclkedit=1

Yes, same at home as at work, same as Lee Mac's, same as they were before the problem occurred...

Pickfirst=1

Pickadd=1

Pickauto=1

Dblclkedit=1

I have the same settings and nope - if I double click on a MText object it opens the editor, but won't highlight the whole paragraph, only if I double click again on the text I want it.... or the Ctrl+A

About the first item, must be some of your settings, is this happens with any other objects?

Yes, all objects (and with SelSets > 1) - I just used the polyline as an example. :)

Yes, all objects (and with SelSets > 1) - I just used the polyline as an example. :)

Don't have an idea for now...

Think of any changes you did before this started to happen...

Just to throw something on the table.-

- Reactors? like sysvars that you are changing?

- Maybe a bug on A2010?

No reactors are running:

Command: (vlr-reactors)
nil

Command: (vlr-pers-list)
nil

And if there is a sys var that controls it, I can't find it, and so it is unlikely that it has been changed... :(

As for it being a bug, I distinctly remember quite recently both things not happening - I think it is as lpseifert says - resulting from a Windows update...

I'm running WinXP SP3 with all critical updates and all it takes for me to edit MText is a double-click. Sorry, but if your program doesn't act this way then you're abnormal.

I'm running WinXP SP3 with all critical updates and all it takes for me to edit MText is a double-click. Sorry, but if your program doesn't act this way then you're abnormal.

Perhaps its a 2010 Vista thing o:)

Now I am worried... after using autocad for many years and the Mtext in particular - do not remember having the whole contents string selected after the double-click and opening the dialog.

XP SP3 .... and all the critical updates too (and two brain cells left).