viewing raster images

pauledward

Hi all,

I have been having ongoing issues with viewing raster images in AutoCad. The images I am attempting to view are on the same hard drive as the computer that the cad software is on so that isn't the issue. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks so much in advance!

Just because they're on the same hard drive does not mean Autocad knows where they are. Have you checked the file path's in the Image Manager? If the images were moved from their original locations, they will need to be repathed.

I have problems from time to time with xref's whether its images or dwg's losing their path reference. For the 'Path type' I choose No path rather than Full or Relative. Never had an issue with this until version 2007 came out. Once I go back and point to where it is I never have an issue with it again. This might be what your dealing with. Just something to add to the pot for thought.

thanks, I've tried to change the path multiple time and many other attempts with image manager - to no avail. Any other potential solutions? I think I have to get creative now.

Thanks all!

Are you able to view these images once you attached them or do they not show up at all?

No, I've never been able to view them.

I'm gonna have to do some thinking about this one because I have never had an issue like this. I use images quite often being in the civil discipline.

Have you tried doing a zoom extents to see if they are there? Also, are they showing up in your reference manager once you have attached them? If you accept defaults during the attachment dialog they will be at 0,0. Unless they are aerial images that are georeferenced using world files. Then they will be in the geographical area they are suppose to show up at.

Well, that's a good question. It's simply a jpeg image and in my image attach dialogue box I am able to preview it. But when I insert the image I can only see the frame and not the image. i hope I'm not stumping you guys with this. Thanks for all advice again.

Well, that's a good question. It's simply a jpeg image and in my image attach dialogue box I am able to preview it. But when I insert the image I can only see the frame and not the image. i hope I'm not stumping you guys with this. Thanks for all advice again.

Actually I'm totally stumped now. JPEG's are a standard image file type used by AutoCad. I searched through the system variables and didn't find anything to cause this but I could have overlooked one.

I'm still thinking but smokes starting to come out of my ears.

Have you been able to view images previous to this one? Also can you view other images? Maybe there is something wrong with that one particular one.

Firstly, thanks for giving this as much thought as you have. Greatly appreciated. One thing that might bring light to this issue is that when I right click the border there is an option to zoom and when I am in zoom mode I can fully see the image while zooming in and out but the second I leave that command it disappears. Does this provide any insight?

In case anyone has this problem again, it was simply a matter of changing the view from hidden to wireframe, flat shaded or Gouraud shaded in the shade mode area.

Thanks again.

it was simply a matter of changing the view from hidden to wireframe, flat shaded or Gouraud shaded in the shade mode area.

Hmmmm, you should have mentioned you were working in 3D. I had thought about suggesting that much earlier, but I assumed you were working in 2D. It's much easier to solve problems when we have all the information. :wink: