Raster Images

YZ

I have had an ongoing saga with a big client who has provided us with their title block to put our diagrams for them onto.

It all works except for the company logos (four jpegs in total) only display a path at my end. I can only assume they were inserted as Raster Images.

I now have the jpeg files, and have inserted them as raster images. I left the old ones there (My theory was so that I can print it correct at my end, and they could view and print correctly at their end.)

But AutoCAD is printing them with a black border around the logos, which the client wants taken off.

I do not know much about raster imaging. I don't know how I got the border to begin with, nor how to take it off.

Are rasters even my best option? Is there a way I can insert them so they are embedded in the drawing, and not just with a path?

IMAGEFRAME is the variable that turns the border of images on and off, but look up in your help file, because you may have more options. :)

You used to be able to embed images in the drawing, but because of progress, and the desire for smaller file sizes, you are only able to use the pathing method now. :(

Have a look at 'Set Paths to Referenced Drawings' in the help files. It applies to images as well. There are various ways you can setup AutoCAD to find the xref's with different locations without having to double up on the xref's. If want further help on any of the methods post an example of the paths on yours and your clients machine and I'll try to explain how it works.

Thanks so much for the frames help, that was spot on.

Have a look at 'Set Paths to Referenced Drawings' in the help files. It applies to images as well. There are various ways you can setup AutoCAD to find the xref's with different locations without having to double up on the xref's. If want further help on any of the methods post an example of the paths on yours and your clients machine and I'll try to explain how it works.

Here is an example of the paths.

Client Machine: S:\Company\Library\Drawing Standards\Logo.jpg

My Machine: Z:\2006\2006438\Company Icons\Logo.jpg

Some guidance would be great as I'm just not sure how to reset it so that it will still recognise the right location back in their office.

Thanks.

I only know my drawing file path, which is

Z:\2006\2006438\House Diagrams\Suburb\Street

Do you need more info than that? Let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
Can you give the drawing file paths as well please.

Is it possible to change the path name for images that are inserted inside a block reference after it has been created?

I have attempted to make the path names more vague in order to sync in both offices, but have had no success in being able to change anything.

I could perhaps recreate them, but I'm not sure how to make sure they will work in the client's office, so I assumed editing the original one they created would be best...

It seems that if the image file is in the same folder as the drawing, then when the drawing is opened, AutoCAD looks in the current folder before it starts hunting around any pathing for the image. :D

So as long as your client puts the drawing and the image file in the same folder, they should have no trouble seeing the image when they open the drawing.

It seems that if the image file is in the same folder as the drawing, then when the drawing is opened, AutoCAD looks in the current folder before it starts hunting around any pathing for the image. :D

So as long as your client puts the drawing and the image file in the same folder, they should have no trouble seeing the image when they open the drawing.

Brilliant! That is just the background info that sorted it out. I have moved the jpegs into the same folders on my server, that way I can use the paths they already setup.

Thank you all who replied, I learned a great deal and can now move forward on this project. (Just have to go back through 100 drawings to delete my paths! But I've updated the template, and the next 200 hundred will be smooth sailing.)