Annotative Text in X-Refs

HI,

Can anyone guide me through step by step process how to create a annotative text. I know how it used to work in ACAD 2007 version but having problems with the 2010. I just cannot get it right with viewport with different scales (lets say- I want to show a text in 60 scale and 40 scale VP)

Please forward me you suggestions.

Thanks.

Enabled Quick Properties. Go to your layout. Double-click inside your viewport. Pick your text. In Quick Properties check the value you have for Paper Text height. Also note the Annotative Scale. What are they?

In my version of 2010 there is no 1:60 scale so I had to use the command SCALELISTEDIT command. When the Edit Scale List dialog box appears click on the Add button. When the Edit Scale dialog box appears type in a scale name of 1:60 and then for scale properties make 1 paper unit equal to 60 drawing units. Click the OK button when finished. Note that your new scale appears near the top of the scale list. It can be repositioned using the Move up and Move Down buttons on the right. Click the OK button when you're done.

Back in your drawing go into your viewport, click on the text, and in the Quick Properties window look at the line that reads Annotative Scale. Go to the end of the line and click. A button with three dots will appear. Click on it. This will bring up the Annotative Object Scale dialog window. Click on the Add button. Find your newly created scale click on it and then on the OK button. It should now be listed on the Object Scale List. Click the OK button. You're done.