Lisp needed for removing datalinks from the xref list

Tommy78

Hi,

I was experimenting with datalinks and when i finished i found a couple of references in the xreflist to said datalinks (.dxe) files.

I tried everything to get rid of them but this is seemingly impossible!

Please try, i did minimal testing:

rename the dxe file so that it will be not found then save drawing.

Copy and Paste this to commandline then press enter, save drawing then reopen again

(dictremove (namedobjdict) "ACAD_DATALINK")

• 2 years later...

I've got this dxe issue with our dwgs. The datalink files are not availablethus I have dozens of dxe links in the XREF manager that I'd like to get rid of.I've tried this code but what it does is remove the data dictionary entirely, butit did not remove the dxe's. I've tried the dictedit.lsp, and it works (so faras in it runs properly), but it doesn't list any of the dxe's. It did list afew datalinks, but not the ones of course I need to remove. I tried thedxedel.vlx from the cadstudio.cz site, but all it did was wipe out the gooddatalinks. So I'm still looking for a way to purge these damn dxe links fromour dwgs. Any other suggestions? Again, none of these attached dxe ghosts showup in the dictionary edit. "What" is causing the XREF manager to listthese files? It's obviously reading these dxe links from somewhere? I'll keeplooking...thx.

Please try, idid minimal testing:

rename the dxe file so that it will be not found then save drawing.

Copy and Paste this to commandline then press enter, save drawing then reopenagain

(dictremove (namedobjdict)"ACAD_DATALINK")

• 6 years later...

Hello there, I will zombiefy a thread again: does anybody know how to run this line within script

(dictremove (namedobjdict) "ACAD_DATALINK")

and make it effective in the same drawing session?

Ther result is visible after save, close and reopen the drawing. Won't work in a script this way...

Try this:

(if (setq e (dictsearch (namedobjdict) "ACAD_DATALINK"))
  (vla-delete (vlax-ename->vla-object (cdr (assoc -1 e))))
)

• Like 3

• 1 year later...