1050c doesnt screen?

krautfed

This is driving me absolutely bonkers. We use 3 different printers/plotters... HP 8500 for A sizes, Xerox 8830 for D size at high rate (8830 has large error though), and HP 1050c for precision and archiving. We use a CTB and have colors 1-7 set to specific lineweights. I want to use colors 250-255 as grays... call them grayscale, screening, whatever...

The thing is, when I set everything up and colors 250-255 and are screened in increasing increments, everything works PERFECT ... except on the 1050c. I've tried different settings with the custom properties for plotter (convert to grayscale, not convert, etc).

I've tried color as object for 250-255 and all 250-255 prints same. I've tried to just tinker with Color 8 & 9 as well... no change. I've tried so many different combos that I can't even list them all... grayscale on in plot style, off in plotter settings ...etc.

Its driving my nuts because I have everything I need to plot out on the non-1050c printers. I've been winging it in the past by just making everything I need light... like grid lines, as really thin lineweight. However copies are made, not all the lineweights are picked up by the copier (but the copier does well with grays). I have to figure this out.

Can someone on 1050c & CTB walk me through how to get a grayscale color?

Edit the ctb file for any pen color, either set Grayscale ON, or for screening set it to a number between 0 and 100, depending on what you are after.

Is this what you were after?

Edit the ctb file for any pen color, either set Grayscale ON, or for screening set it to a number between 0 and 100, depending on what you are after.

Is this what you were after?

Thats what Im saying... doing this, just prints solid black on 1050c (but grayscales on other printers/plotters). Even the Print Preview shows the correct way it needs to print... however the 1050c doesnt print it like that.

Can someone send me their CTB and so I can try to print from it?

Ive included a PDF of exactly what I'm looking for (print to PDF)... when I print this to 1050c, everything is pure black. Does anyone know if there are settings I can tinker with in the 1050c?

test1.pdf is the exact results I'm looking for...

test1.pdf

We used to use a 650-c and a 750-c and at the plotter itself, there used to be a way to call up some menu and alter all things to one type of file or linetype. They did this when the color cartridge would run low and was pulled out. The black was bigger and lasted months. Then the Boy Genius would eventially replace the color cartridge, and not often re-set things on the plotter as how it was. Thus we only got BLACK lines and not black and colored lines.

Another place to check.

Wm.

I just printed it to our 1050C and the hardcopy looks for all practical purposes just like the softcopy on screen. Several different shades of gray, with a few different line weights on the named (rather than numbered) entries. No colors.

I think something is set wrong in the plotter itself.

I'll poke at the buttons during lunch to see if anything jumps out at me.

Glen

I just printed it to our 1050C and the hardcopy looks for all practical purposes just like the softcopy on screen. Several different shades of gray, with a few different line weights on the named (rather than numbered) entries. No colors.

Glen, I oopsed.. we do not print to color [at all]. We have pens (1-7) set to print "black" with varying lineweights. This is why I say my PDF is perfect... the "colors" show in ACAD but when printed, are varying lineweights.

UPDATE: FIXED!!! :):)

OK, so I'm pretty sure I went through this before but I finally fixed it.

PEN TABLE: The CTB is setup to have all colors print "Black" (Color: Black). Colors 250-255 can be set to Color: Object Color, Dither ON, Grayscale ON. I can further adjust the shades of the 250-255 via Screening.

PLOTTER CONFIG: Under "Custom Properties" and in the Options tab, the color needs to be set to Automatic.

test1_CTB.zip