Windows Taskbar won't display

McGandhi

I am using Autocad 2009 with Windows Vista, I use autohide on my taskbar, but taskbar won't pull up in autocad... every other program it works fine.... any suggestions? this has happened to me in Acad 2007 also... but is finally anoyying me to the point I want to fix it... Please help me...

Windows Taskbar?

Are you actually talking about the AutoCAD STATUSBAR at the bottom of the screen that shows the Status toggles like Snap, Grid, etc?

Try the variable STATUSBAR. The settings are 0, 1, 2, and 3. 0 will hide it. The others have various different options covered in your AutoCAD Help file.

no... i mean when i am in autocad and i want to switch to my internet explorer tab.... the windows tab will not pop up.... so i have to use ctr+tab to cycle through... odd part being the windows task bar will pop-up when any other program is maximized... thank you though

Well that's why I lock my Windows taskbar. Maybe you should consider doing the same in the future. Have you check Windows Help file? Maybe visit the MS website?

yes... andno help really, and since its only in autocad that it has a probblem was hoping (sounds bad) that others had my same problem and had found a fix... thank you for helping btw... was afraid no one would respond...

no luck did not fix it... i have a bad feeling that i will have to reinstall autocad... which means i will just live with it :(, just to many things i customize... gets old having to redo, i will be upgrading to 2010 this summer but it is annoying...

Do not reinstall AutoCAD until you have tried the REPAIR option.

I'm still not sure we're talking about the same thing though. The Windows taskbar should in no way be affected by AutoCAD.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem with both ACAD 2010 and Inventor 2010. Windows taskbar is not coming in front of these programs but it works fine with other programs. Same problem with 2009

DELL Prec 4400

Hmm, We have one machine that has this problem as well. the shortest solution is to disable autohide. Yes, you loose 25 pixles of screen :( :(