Issues Trimming

glee007311

Apologies if this has been addressed before, but I was unable to find anything that actually solves my problem. I am currently working in a drawing that contains references created in Architectural Desktop, Microstation and Land Desktop (I believe) and am having trouble trimming some elements. Instead of trying to describe the problem with intangibles, will use a specific example in hopes that it gets the problem across. Sporadically in the drawing if I draw a circle using the tan-tan-radius option and choose 2 lines, I will be unable to use the two lines chosen as tangent as trimming edges. In other words, the circle is placed supposedly tangent to 2 lines, but the command line reads: "Circle must intersect twice". All 3 elements will have the same elevation and I can't see anything else that may cause the problem. I have had this same problem in a number of different drawings, but can't find the common thread between them to try and solve the issue.

So you're working with standard Autocad?

use -exporttoautocad to strip out all the "extra" stuff and make it so you can work with the custom objects as standard geometry.

Obviously don't do that if it needs to go back the source with those custom objects intact.

Yeah happens to me quite often as well...

I either use FILLET in these cases (type R to et radius). Or BREAK the circle and i can TRIM.

Dunno why it is the way it is but i cant get it to work either. I just work around it