AutoCAD 07 on windows vista

Zoran

Hallo to everyone!

I'm using acad softwear for few years, mostly 2D drawing.. I found a problem with autoCAD 2007 on windows vista operation system. When I start Autocad it seems to work normaly but when I try to open any document (AutoCAD Drawing (.dwg)) everything just block and I have to restart my computer.. Only solve of this problem which I have found is usb stick, when acad opens a document from stick everything works normaly.. (there is a problem if I lose my stick or something like that, because I have all my drawings on it)..

Anyone with similar problem and better solution ?

my specs:

Windows Vista Business, Service Pack 2

Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 2.00 GHz

RAM: 3 GB

System type: 32 bit operating system

I have 200 GB of free space on my hard disc, I don't see any problem about computer spec (maybe I'm wrong), I think there is some kind of incompatibility between acad and vista..

I thought maybe it was a matter of not enough free space.

What other programs are running in the background?

Where on your hard drive do you keep your DWG files?

I thought maybe it was a matter of not enough free space.

What other programs are running in the background?

Where on your hard drive do you keep your DWG files?

No others programs are running, I keep my dwg files on hard disc D, but windows doen't recognize them at all.. so like I said, I have to put my usb stick in computer, then first start AutoCAD and then open file (which is on stick) from AutoCAD.. After that it is working properly, but, you know, that's not complete solution..

Before this one I had an older computer with windows xp installed, the same version of cad was working on that computer, hard disc was smaller than this one.. so there was less free space and cad was working right, I think that it just can't be about free space.. I though there is maybe some kind of path for cad to work normally on vista..?

If AutoCAD is on your "C" drive and the drawing files are on your "D" drive is the path to the folder containing the files known to AutoCAD? Tools > Options > Files > Project Files Search Path.

Zoran, welcome to the forums.

You certainly don't want to misplace your memory stick before

your problem is solved.

As ReMark stated, be sure you file search paths are correct; TOOLS> OPTIONS>

Failing that, try a repair of your AutoCAD install.

Thank goodness you have the 32-bit version of Vista!

For the record:

"The following CAD applications are compatible with the operating system Microsoft Windows Vista: AutoCAD 2009 (Vista logo certified; and the 2009-family), AutoCAD 2008, AutoCAD LT 2008, AutoCAD Architecture 2008, AutoCAD Mechanical 2008, AutoCAD Civil 3D 2008, Revit 2008, Inventor 2008 SP1 and other Autodesk software from the 2008-family.

AutoCAD 2008 (and 2009) compatibility applies for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, Ultimate, Business and Enterprise.

"For AutoCAD 2007 and AutoCAD LT 2007 Autodesk has released Service Pack 2 which makes them compatible with the 32-bit version of Windows Vista."

Thank you for trying to help guys, but it just rejections to work.. I tried with AutoCAD 09, "the program is not responding" , there must be something terrible wrong with this computer, he doesn't like cads..:)

You are using AutoCAD and it normally works on your vista?

I think I'll have to move to windows 7, or get back on XP...

Maybe it's a pathing problem. AutoCAD looks at the hard drive for the drawing files and doesn't find it. Did you change the path to your drawing files to point at the USB stick?

You can try running AutoCAD in XP Compatibility Mode.

You can try to REPAIR AutoCAD (look in Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > AutoCAD 2007.

We did it, I reinstalled AutoCAD and this time I installed it on hard disc C, When I open AutoCAD and open dwg file which is on hd C it works normally.. If dwg file is on hd D, aCAD doesn't respond.. but doesn't matter it's better solution to have your drawings on hd C then on your memory stick..

Thank you both for helping!

Another question, maybe you have some additional hatches for AutoCAD ?

Normally AutoCAD should be installed on the root drive ( "C" )and nowhere else. Your drawing files can be on any drive. Where do you keep yours?

What kinds of hatch patterns are you looking for? There are a number of free hatch patterns available for downloading at several sites.

yes.. but if I have my dwg files on hd D AutoCAD can't open them, "program doesn't rspond".. but it's ok..

I have visited some downloading sites, but maybe I wasn't on right one..

I'm looking for architectural hatch patterns, originally aCAD have plenty of them but I need some more, like for the izolations, stone foundations etc.

Maybe you can recommend me one good free downloading site?

Yes, it will respond IF you include the path to your files in Tools > Options > Files.

Do you mean insulation ?

Look for patterns at:

-cadalyst magazine at CAD Tips (Watson Kilbourne contributed many)

-draftsperson.net

-CAD Canada