polyline grips move object

BITDRAUGHTY

hello i have a problem with a polyline and it is a little confusing.

If i select the grip and move it to the right the grip moves as it should .

If i select the grip and move it to the left however it moves the whole object?

Is this a variable that i haev swithed off or something?it s been a while since using autocad as i have been forced to the darkside sorry.......

GRIP variables can be found using the Help file. Additionally, if you look under Tools > Options > Selection you'll find a few other things you can do with grips.

By definition, an object created with a polyline is, well, a single entity. I wouldn't think that by using Grips you could move just one polyline making up that entity. Maybe I misunderstood your example?

thanks remark.

yes i have already checked under these options but have no effect on the polyline.

Just for clarification.

I have created a rectangular polyline and if i move the grips i can strectch the polyline in the negative direction as it should be.

If i then try to stretch the line using the grip in the positive direction it just moves it as a whole entity?

I think it is file corruption to be honest but a recover has no effect on it at all.

But thank you for your thoughts

have you tried holding down control or shift when moving the grip. This suggestion has no basis in reality but just a thought.

I think AutoCAD sometimes does odd things just because it can.