• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CADisEVIL

• ReMark

• todouble22

• Tiger

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's a bit of an odd angle you're working from.

I'd set up a reference point first and use it to locate one of the three pipes. Then, based on the elevation of that pipe I would locate the other two pipes.

Sorry, It's time for me to go home now. Please post your suggestions, and I will check them in the morning. I really appreciate your help, I will log-on and check your suggestions tomorrow.

I am trying this and the pipes go behind the box, what did I miss?

What are the tunnel dimensions? WxDxH?

What are the O.D.s of the pipes you are using?

What is the order of the pipes (highest to lowest) and what are the centerline elevations relative to the floor (not the bottom) of the tunnel?

How far from the inside (left-hand side) face of the tunnel is it to the centerline of each pipe (from highest to lowest)?

And why does your tunnel look more like a solid box than an actual tunnel with walls that are some thickness (how thick are they)?

Download and look at this drawing. Yeah, I know it's rough but I didn't have the time/patience to reread all the posts so I made up my own tunnel (with one side sliced off and moved) and threw in four pipes of my own choosing.

The drawing was saved in AutoCAD 2000 file format.

Tunnel&Pipes.dwg

Download and look at this drawing. Yeah, I know it's rough but I didn't have the time/patience to reread all the posts so I made up my own tunnel (with one side sliced off and moved) and threw in four pipes of my own choosing.

The drawing was saved in AutoCAD 2000 file format.

[ATTACH]16964[/ATTACH]

ReMark, I admire your patience.

CADisEVIL, I have merged your threads since it concernes the same question. Please in the future, don't post multiple threads about the same question. I have also renamed your thread to something more descriptive.

Yes, thanks for all your paitence, as you might be able to tell I am a FEMALE (lol) web designer, but in school to do programming. :lol: But, I work in the environmental field (1st degree), I work with CAD a lot but the majority of it is to work with GIS, aerial overlays. When my company asked me to do this tunnel in 3D I just panicked, I don't think they understand that Graphic Design and CAD are not the same. Thus my CADisEVIL screen name, CAD is evil to me because I am used to working with like Adobe Illustrator, photoshop, etc. Anyways, now that I came in with fresh eyes, I read your posts and was able to get the pipe in the tunnel, I have to make the tunnel look like the picture because that is what the tunnel looks like, it's an underground tunnel from like the 1920's.

This is how I started the pipe: command PL, C circle at end point, second smaller circle, command ROTATE3D select circles, Command X clicked center of circle, Rot angle 90 degrees, command EXT, select circle, command P (path) click line. AND NOTHING... what did I do wrong? can I not extrude in 3D?

ext.jpg

Yes, you can extrude in 3D. It appears from your drawing above the pipe extends vertically through the roof of the tunnel. Is that correct?

If you used two circles to create a hollow pipe you'll have to subtract the inner circle from the outer circle after the extrusion otherwise your pipe will look like a solid rod.

Yeah, I am just putting it in 2D. The person who took downs the notes with the dimensions wrote too much info on a whole lot of nothing...lol. I can't decipher their dimensions, they put 3 different dimensions for the same pipe.

I really thank you for the help, you taught me some new techniques that I can use on the next drawing, that has better dimensions.

Well at least you gave it a shot. Too bad the dimensional data was a bit flakey. Thanks for updating us. Perhaps you'll return for more CADTutoring at a later date and hopefully you won't be under such a tight deadline. With a fresh perspective you might even decide to change your name to CADisGOOD.:lol:

Yes, thanks for all your paitence, as you might be able to tell I am a FEMALE (lol) web designer, but in school to do programming. ...

Thought it was something like that, at least that meant we got good images of what you were doing, images helps a lot :)

Glad that you got it sorted.

Here is a sample, Since I didn't know how the pipes are in reference to each other I did know where they were form the wall. I put them in order from the wall out and made a small viewport to show the size variation. I can't show a lot, because there is a lot of confidential jargon on the drawing but here is a sample. I may try the 3D drawing again for the final presentation.

tun.JPG