Windows 7 virtual XP and Snap problems

jkblaze

Hi all. Can anyone help me / has anyone had this problem? I purchased a new laptop running Windows 7. I upgraded from Home Premium to Pro to run the virtual XP environment. I loaded both 2002 and 2005 in the XP environment, and both have the same problem.

I can run Osnap from the Drafting Settings menu but I cannot run snaps from my center mouse button or the toolbar. All the snaps return an unknown command error. Example: _endp Unknown command "ENDP".

I've searched everywhere I can think of and come up empty. This problem has stopped me cold. Has anyone done something similar and had any success?

Thanks for any help!

Hmm.... can anyone tell me if there is a DLL or something that might affect this. I had a similar problem with Toolpac with the unknown commands, but it actually told me which DLL needed to be loaded in the Windows System 32 folder, and now it works fine.

Nevermind... in my rush to see if this works I forgot that you need to have a command entered to use osnap:oops: (duh). I think the Toolpac issue clouded my judgement. Now if I can just get my network working on Virtual PC....

BTW, my 2002 blew up, first with menus not loading then "unhandled exception", 2005 is still holding strong though.