arctext exploding

kkennedy

I'm trying to arctext at the top and bottom of a circle. I've made a break in the circle, creating two arcs, and added text at the top and bottom of the circle. I have no problem exploding the text at the top of the circle but cannot explode the text at the bottom of the circle without making the text backwards.

how do I explode text at the bottom of an arc while maintaining the orientation of the text?

It is annoying with the text not staying as you would want it. All the individual letters could be rotated by 180°, if you had a suitable lisp.

Another fairly painless solution is to create a new text style, using the same font, but apply the effects 'Upside down' and 'Backwards'. Then change all the exploded text to this new Text Style.

moz-screenshot-5.pngthanks for the quick replies but I still am having trouble with it. eldon I did the upside down and backwards text and it worked but did not explode correctly. I attached a picture of what the text does at the bottom of my circle once I explode it.

Any other ideas?

a2.jpg

that actually helped a lot eldon. I finally got it to work by arctext in standard font, then exploding, then changing the style and rotation of each letter from the properties screen. thanks for the help

I set up the backward and Upside down style previously. Highlighted the required text only, and then changed the Style by scrolling down and picking the new style.

StyleCh.jpg

I did that but it distorted the text after doing an explode text. I got it to work the other way though. I have to have the text exploded cause I need to cut the letters out on a plasma machine. The machine will only accept text that has been exploded as I did on the part of my drawing that says '4 wheel'.

all in all I was able to get what I needed. thanks for all your help

• 11 years later...

I faced the same issue. I had to select "Yes" for both "Upside down" and "Backward" options in the Misc properties to overcome the issue and explode the text. I am using Autocad 2016 btw.