Lisps Not Working

BILL WILLIAMS

Good Morning!

I am using R2008 Mechanical and I have a lisp problem. There are times when I open a drawing and every lisp works, mine and AutoCad's and then there are times when none will work unless loaded again and again. I am using the startup suite to load my lisps which, are many.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• BILL WILLIAMS

• Coosbaylumber

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It all started about two weeks ago. I don't think it's a path problem. As I understand path. I pick the start up suite, pick add and go to the folder where my lisps are kept. I also have this file in OPTIONS/FILES/SUPPORT FILE SEARCH PATH

What may have changed two weeks ago?

Sometimes you "connect" and sometimes you don't "connect". Seems odd to me. It should either work all the time or fail to work at all. Difficult to pinpoint what might be influencing the sequence of events.

It has me stumped. The company I work for has offices all over the world. The server is 2 states away. I get the impression they don't care much for CAD even though our 20,000+ drawings still have to be maintained, not to mention the new ones that are generated on a daily basis.

Thank you anyway for your concern.

Sometimes you "connect" and sometimes you don't "connect". Seems odd to me. It should either work all the time or fail to work at all. Difficult to pinpoint what might be influencing the sequence of events.

I agree too. For am running my few LISP programs off a box on face of the tabet. Sometimes I will have to hit the box three times in order for Acad to understand the command to load them up for my use.

Just get used to it then. I don't know why, Autodesk don't know, the tablet maker doesn't and the computer maker does not either. They all have a universal responce though. "What happens the next time you try? What error message then comes through?"

Wm.

Coos:

Could your problem be related to hardware...specifically the tablet? I ask because I had trouble picking symbols off my tablet after one of our cats (no light-weight) jumped from the windowsill above my desk right onto my tablet! After that it never worked right and I had to swap it out for another.

I am not wimping out. It's just that my autoCAD lisp loading is extremely limited.

I am thinking about resetting ACADLSPASDOC to 1 as mentioned in the article to see if that works.

I'm also thinking about

I am not wimping out. It's just that my AutoCAD lisp loading is extremely limited.

I am thinking about resetting ACADLSPASDOC to 1 as mentioned in the article to see if that works. LOOKS LIKE I POSTED BEFORE I WAS READY ANYWAY . . .

I'm also thinking about trying S::STARTUP but I need help with it. Where do I put it, do I add my lisps into the S::STARTUP and if so, do I add just edd.lsp or the entire lisp program?

The ACADLSPASDOC is already set to 1 so that is no help.

So I put S::STARTUP in my Acad.lsp and then add my lisps?

i.e. (defun S::STARTUP ()

(defun E:wftext()(command "wftext"))

(defun E: edd()(command "edd")) etc. etc.

E: is the folder where all my lisp programs reside.

Another comment to make. I just tried my lisp programs on 4 different drawings in sequence and they worked with only one drawing. I logged out and back in and picked the same 4 drawings and my lisp programs worked on all 4. Go figure!

My lisp routines are all stored in one file that I "call" upon starting AutoCAD at the start of the day. One and done. Works every time.

The example you gave above just boggles my mind.

I don't recall where I obtained the example. Somewhere on the internet.

Where do I put my E folder so that my lisps are called up every morning I open AutoCAD?

Why does it say defun E: above?

If Striker is the folder and it is located on drive E: then I would reference it under Tools > Options > Files and the Support File Search Path. I would include it right under the entry C:\Program files\autocad 2008\support wouldn't you?

I don't know why it says defun E: above. I copied and made a substitution. Not knowing what I was doing and hoping it would work. I will give the OPTIONS route a try and see what happens.