Notchy mouse action

heypal

A fellow co-worker is having trouble with his mouse pointer. When using the mouse, the pointer jumps irractically all over the place. It is a Logitech lazer mouse on an XP o.s. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Pal

Does the mouse exhibit this behavior in all programs or just AutoCAD?

When did the problem first occur? What changed recently?

Have you checked mouse properties?

It does this in all programs. I am not sure how long it has been doing it. I just went over to his PC to show him something and was shocked by how crummy his pointer action was!

Is this a cordless mouse? If so, is it fully charged? Does the mouse have a direct, unobstructed, line of sight to the receiver?

If the mouse has a cord, have you checked the connection? Is it plugged in securely to the USB port?

The only other thing I can think of is that the cord is not making good connection where it attaches to the mouse. Try plugging in a different mouse. If it works with no problems, then it's time for a new mouse.

Guys,

Last night after Rick left, I switched his mouse with mine (we have the same model). Mine worked perfectly. So his mouse is junk and it is not even a year old. Nice. He still had the box and sure enoguh "Made in China". Another great China made product..arggh. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Pal