Direct Input Polar Coordinates

GE13579

I have a bit of an issue with the above. Previously, if I wanted a line at 12.5° of a length to be confirmed, I would simply run through the following command sequence-

Command: l

LINE Specify first point:

Specify next point or [undo]:

Angle Override: 12.50

I would end the command by simply clicking the left mouse to select the length. The problem is, now when I click the mouse button to end the command it no longer retains the angle override, and simply snaps to where the cursor is. I am fully aware that I can specify a length as a workaround, but I'm just curious as to whether anyone knows what might have caused this change. I have tried on colleagues machines and it works fine on some... :huh:

From Help: "The angle you specify will lock the cursor, overriding Grid Snap, Ortho mode, and PolarSnap. Coordinate entry and object snaps have precedence over an angle override."

so...it's not a OSnap that's messing things up, is it?

...so...it's not a OSnap that's messing things up, is it?..

I don't think so- I've tried on a blank drawing with a single line- there's nothing to snap to??? :?

Edit- effectively it's snapping to wherever the cursor is, but there aren't any snap icons appearing on the cursor. I will try with osnap off and see what happens...

I think you need to position cursor close to requested angle, than enter length>

mdbdesign- it's nothing to do with the cursor position, and as I mentioned earlier there shouldn't be a requirement for length input, but thank you for your thoughts! :)

Ok even with Osnap turned off it's still doing the same thing... I'm wondering if it's variable related as it's only on some machines that it's happening?

I don't often use polar co-ordinates but I know dynamic input plays around with how orthagonal co-ordinates are input. Have you tried it with dyn on & off?

And this isn't something that has shown up today? So if you close down AutoCAD or re-start the computer it'll go away? One never knows with AutoCAD after all...

Lol I know what you mean, but it's been like this for a while, and as I say some machines in the office work fine and others don't. Unfortunately it's not a typical IT "turn off your workstation and turn it back on again please?.." scenario!

It's really got me baffled though. :?

Lol I know what you mean, but it's been like this for a while, and as I say some machines in the office work fine and others don't. Unfortunately it's not a typical IT "turn off your workstation and turn it back on again please?.." scenario!

It's really got me baffled though. :?

yeah, agree with that. Hopefuly when the americanos come online someone there has experienced it :)