block authoring palettes - turn off

dmj77

Hi,

how can I permanently turn off block authoring palettes in block editor? Every time when I edit block I must turn off block authoring palettes. That really irritates me.

Thanks

I agree it is totally irritating!

Unless there's something specific that you are doing with your blocks then why not just edit them in place? That's what I do.

The other option is just to set the palette to autohide and, as you would with a window, make it as small as it will go and place it on the upper left hand corner of your window just far enough away to prevent docking. It still means you've got a grey bar on your screen but it's less obstrusive and will remain as you've left it.

If you do find a way to turn it off let me know!

Allow Docking, Anchor Right - I didn’t remember that - Thank you

If I find some way to turn it off I let you know.

How you edit them in place?

I using double click on block when I want to change something

There are two variants

1) Need the big monitor

CUI-> Ribbon-> Contextual Tab States-> Mode blocks editor -> Contextual Tab " Blocks editor " -> General -> Type of contextual display -> United

2) Cardinal

CUI-> Ribbon-> Contextual Tab States-> Mode blocks editor -> delete Contextual Tab " Blocks editor "

(Translate can be not exact, look on sense)

Select the block you wish to edit> right click> on the menu select 'Edit Block In-Place'

I didn't know that way bat is not bad at all. Thanks

To Geobuilder:

CUI-> Ribbon-> Contextual Tab States-> Mode blocks editor -> Contextual Tab " Blocks editor " -> General -> Type of contextual display -> United

I have Full and Merged instead United and with Merged I do not get what I want. Anyway when I do Allow Docking, Anchor Right is not bother me any more. Thanks anyway

• 2 months later...