Question about scaling in ACM08

tnorton776

hi, Using ACad Mechanical 2008 here, just wondering if there is anyone that can briefly explain to me the commands or etc that I need to use in order to draw very small parts, such like RECTANG .0995 WLish but so that they can be seen as much bigger lik 10x without channging DIMLINEAR dimensions. Basically want to draw small things bigger, without changing dimensions, so even tho the part is 10x bigger, when i DIMLINEAR or origin dimension the part, it still displays its true dimensions! Thanks. I notice if I try to scale the part up after I've already completed the drawing, the dimensions scale up too and defeat the whole purpose. there must be an easy way to correct this?

You should always draw objects FULL size in model space. Forgive me but I do not have AutoDesk Mech. Can it be that much different than plain AutoCAD when it comes to model space and layouts?

In plain AutoCAD after you've drawn your objects one would use annotative scaling for all hatching, text and dimensioning. Then we would switch to our layout, create a viewport, and apply a scale to the viewport. Under no circumstances would we scale things bigger in model space. Is this how it works in Mech too?