Ordinate dimension, hide origin, visible

linnmaster

Hi.

Doing ordiante dimensions in drawing.

After setting origin point, and making the origin invisible, how do you unhide origin to make it visible again? Or, reset / redefine location of origin? And also, is it possible to set the origin point to an "apparent intersection"?

Regards, David

Right click on one of the ordinate dimensions and you should see an option to hide/unhide. To move the origin point make sure the origin is visible and drag it from the center point of the origin to a new position and the placed dimensions will update.

Right click on one of the ordinate dimensions and you should see an option to hide/unhide. To move the origin point make sure the origin is visible and drag it from the center point of the origin to a new position and the placed dimensions will update.

Ahh I see ... I hadn't done any dimensions yet, so I had nothing to get into the options. Thanks.

And also, is it possible to set the origin point to an "apparent intersection"?

Regards, David

If you drag the centerpoint you should be able to track from two positions for apparent intersection.

Track position.png

If you drag the centerpoint you should be able to track from two positions for apparent intersection.

Thanks JD. I believe this is a "hard snap"?

Also, with ordinate dimensions, typically, it's x and y or horizontal and vertical. And I've asked this with normal dimensions already, but how do you set the orientation so it's angled on the same incline of a geometry ...

I want to create ordinate dimension set for the cleats along the roof beam of the frame along the length of the beam ... See screen shot below.

drawingy.jpg

How you do it, trying to work it out myself now.

Hi. When you first select the origin for the ordinate dimension set, select the geometry that you want your dimensions to go perpendicular to. I could not seem to get it working when I picked a point for the origin. Anyways, then continue to select your other geometries that you wish to dimension. When you get the preview, zoom into the geometry that you want the dimensions to run perpendicular to, and it should "switch".

drawingaligned.jpg