Plot styles are ignored when plotting using hide

Nick Evans

First post, I have used search and looked on Daily Autocad and Autodesk forums, to no avail. If this is posted in the wrong area please could someone move it to a more suitable one.

Hi. I appear to have developed a problem using viewport overrides in 2008. I plot all my drawings in monochrome, using overrides to accent detail by greying less important features. This has worked fine for me until yesterday when for whatever reason I found that where I have hidden lines in viewports the overrides are being ignored in certain elements. This seems to be related to certain blocks. If I set Hideplot=0 the plotstyle works fine, if hideplot=1 then it does not. If I change the colour of the item rather than using the viewport override the plotstyle works fine.

I have tried setting visretain =0 to see if that makes a difference. All of my blocks are on layer 0 with everything set ByLayer, and some blocks do not exhibit this trait. For my plots I use a template and x-ref the relevent drawing into it. I have not tinkered with either AutoCAD or my operating system (winxp 32 SP2) and have spent many unhappy hours trying to sort this out.

vplayeroverridesmode is set to 1 BTW. When I set page setup manager to display plot styles everything displays properly, only when I use preview or plot does the problem arise. If I don't hide the plot the proble disappears.

Any help would be appreciated, I am losing my mind....