Acad Nht Symbols Installation Problem

BILMO

Hi! My Name Is Bill And I Am New To This Site. I Have An Auto Cad Subscription And Presently Have Both Acad2005 And Acad2008 Installed. In March Of 2006, I Purchased Nht Cad Symbols. The Installation Cd Has Installation Files For Acad2000 Thru Acad2006. I Installed Nht On Acad2005 And I Didn't Have Any Problems; However When I Installed Acad2008, I Used Acad Migration Tool To Migrate Settings From 2005 To 2008, In Hopes That Nht Would Be Installed And Functional. This Was Not The Case, Although Nht Was Installed, It Was Not Fully Functional Some Of The Symbology Was Not Accessible. I Would Appreciate Any Help Anyone Could Give Me. I An Intending To Load Acad2010 In The Very Near Future And Would Like To Be Able To Install Nht On All Versions. I Wish To Thank You In Advance For Any Help.

Thanks,

Bill:(

What is Nht Cad Symbols? Is it just a collection of blocks or is it some kind of add-on that runs inside Autocad? If it's an add-on, then it's not surprising that it won't run in 2008 because Autodesk changed the file structure in 2007. And if it won't run in 2008, I can guarantee it won't run in 2010, because the user interface was totally re-done in 2009. That's the trouble with add-ons. Any time the software manufacturer makes changes to the file structure or the interface, the add-on generally becomes useless, unless the add-on manufacturer keeps pace with the software. But from what I've found online, regarding Nht Cad Symbols, they have not released anything new in quite some time.

Thanks Cad64 For Your Reply To My Nht Problem.

I Checked The Settings You Suggested, They Were All Set To 1

Thanks,

Bill

• 8 months later...

Just did a search about the NHT add on and found came across this post.

If you are still monitoring this (Bilmo or Cad64), can either of you send me the setting suggestions to check that you mentioned? I have a friend that is using this and is having some issues that I can't figure out.

Thanks for any help you can give.

If you are still monitoring this (Bilmo or Cad64), can either of you send me the setting suggestions to check that you mentioned?

Sorry, I'm not sure what BILMO was referring to in his reply. If you read my previous post, I didn't give him any settings to check. I just asked him some questions and gave my opinion on the situation. I've never used Nht symbols so I don't know why they don't work in the later versions of Autocad. My best guess would be because of the change in file structure between the earlier and later versions. From what I've read, those symbols were released a long, long, long time ago. So they may not work correctly in later versions. That's my best guess.