bevel gear

ishuka

If you are a student you can download Autodesk Inventor Professional for free. Inventor creates gears for you simply by filling in parameters in a dialog box (what are the parameters for your gear).

Do you know how to create a spur gear in AutoCAD? (it is usual to start with a spur gear before moving on to more complex gears)

If you must do in AutoCAD rather than Inventor it would be better with AutoCAD 2010 which allows parametric dimensions and constraints.

Bevel Gears.png

Spur gear.png

Do you really need the 3D model to be accurate? We just use to replace gears with cylinders (or cones in this case) and to worry about accuracy when we go to 2D drafting.

thanks, but how can i draw bevel gear on autocad ver.2007

Before I could begin to explain how to model a bevel gear I would need to know if you can model an easier spur gear.

What is the purpose of the gear? Are you going to manufacture the gear or do you simply need something that looks good, but the actual gear will be purchased from a gear manufacturer.

How much 3D experience do you have?

Have you gone through the AutoCAD 2007 tutorials in my signature?

Can you attach what you have attempted so far?

• 4 months later...
If you are a student you can download Autodesk Inventor Professional for free. Inventor creates gears for you simply by filling in parameters in a dialog box (what are the parameters for your gear).

Do you know how to create a spur gear in AutoCAD? (it is usual to start with a spur gear before moving on to more complex gears)

If you must do in AutoCAD rather than Inventor it would be better with AutoCAD 2010 which allows parametric dimensions and constraints.

hello,JD Mather

I am trying to use the Inventor 2010 to design a bevel gear.Another problem is that i have to modelling an existed 2d dwg drawing bevel gear in the Inventor,but some parameters in the Inventor environment i cannot understand,the parameter "da_dvw",what is this prameter represent,can you explain this for me?3ks

another question,is it possible in Inventor to export the parameter list into an Excel file?

You don't need most of the Gear Generator parameters.

How much Gear design training have you had?

Are you going to manufacture this gear or purchase from a gear vendor?

How many teeth?

Diametrial pitch?

Pitch diameter?

Pressure angle?