Volume of Stockpile between contours

john551

HOW CAN I USE LDD 2006 CALCULATE STOCKPILE VOLUME ? I PLOTED THE STOCKPILE DATA TO LDD AND JOIN THE POINT WITH POLYLINE, AND CREATED LAYER, SURFACING, AND CONTOUR 2m INTERVAL... WHAT CAN I DO NEXT TO DETERMINE THE VOLUME.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• john551

• lpseifert

• alanjt

• RoadDesignMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do wish that you would stop adding posts to ancient threads. If you have a problem today, start a new thread today. Each thread should be complete in itself, (and writing in capital letters is considered to be shouting :cry: )

Anyway, having got that out of the way, the way to calculate a stockpile volume is to have two surfaces, one of the original ground points and break lines and one of the final ground. It makes it easier to have the information on different layers for the different surfaces. You then make a stratum which has those two surfaces, and calculate the volume.

Contours have nothing to do with calculating volumes when you have a ground model.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

please could any help me, i was calculating stockpile volume with LDD 2006 each time i try to create volume report, i the result will be" No datrum created. which means that volume has not be created. what is the procedure for creating two surface volume?

I only have access to LDD 2005, so I don't know whether the words to describe something are the same.

First of all, do you have you a Terrain menu that looks like this, with Terrain Model Explorer.

If you don't then you will have to wait until someone with LDD 2006 happens along :cry:

TerrainMenu.jpg

Hello,

please could any help me, i was calculating stockpile volume with LDD 2006 each time i try to create volume report, i the result will be" No datrum created. which means that volume has not be created. what is the procedure for creating two surface volume?

Did you correctly select both the natural and the stockpile surfaces when doing the volume report?

stockpile volume calculation

Steps: 1, create surface from terrain model explorer

2, create or set current stratum

3,define site

4,calculate volume

a,grid volume

b,composite volume....

but when i try to generate volume report i keeping on having this complains:

No volume found

No volume surface define

i think my problem is creating or defining volume surface

please i would appreciate a complete description of doing this from Terrain LDD 2006