Total Editing Time...

DNK

Not sure I understand what data you are extracting from. Drawing properties?

If you are talking about AutoCAD's timing features they are pretty useless unless a strict disipline in their usage is established and adhered to. Even then not so much.

Not sure I understand what data you are extracting from. Drawing properties?

If you are talking about AutoCAD's timing features they are pretty useless unless a strict disipline in their usage is established and adhered to. Even then not so much.

Data Extraction...

Select my DXE file...

1of8.jpg

Total Editing Time under the category Drawing...

4of8.jpg

Some number...

5of8.jpg

OK, thanks.

It looks like that is simply extracting from the drawing properties that you would see if you examined the file properties by right clicking in Windows Explorer.

My guess is the value is in either minutes or seconds - you could test it by begining a new file and keeping it open for several minutes, close it and check against the value you extract.

If you are looking to find the actual editing time you may be disappointed in finding the value simply reflects the time you have the drawing open and activating/deactivating the time mechanism within AutoCAD. At least I think that's how it works.

Perhaps you might like to try my CadTempo software. It may give you the information you are looking for.

OK, thanks.

It looks like that is simply extracting from the drawing properties that you would see if you examined the file properties by right clicking in Windows Explorer.

My guess is the value is in either minutes or seconds - you could test it by begining a new file and keeping it open for several minutes, close it and check against the value you extract.

Doing so gives me minutes. :thumbsup: Thanks.

Perhaps you might like to try my CadTempo software. It may give you the information you are looking for.

I downloaded it the other day and am testing it, but it's not very intuitive to use. Is there a user's guide (other than the help menu)?

I downloaded it the other day and am testing it, but it's not very intuitive to use. Is there a user's guide (other than the help menu)?

Glad to hear you're trying it out. I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have that will help me make it work more to your liking (preferably e-mail or PM so as not to pollute the forum). It is important to me to make the program work intuitively - the problem is there are so many "intuitives" to work with. :)

Glad to hear you're trying it out. I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have that will help me make it work more to your liking (preferably e-mail or PM so as not to pollute the forum). It is important to me to make the program work intuitively - the problem is there are so many "intuitives" to work with. :)

I'll hit you up on PM. I've got several questions so, give me a moment to collect them all. :thumbsup:

Using Data Extraction, I get a value of "201". What does this value represent?

Just so it's clear for those who know how to use the search, the extraction represents minutes.