2010 Properties palette help

Benoldays

Hi everyone.

Ive just started using 2010 after spending the last few years on 2007 and 08. I completely skiped 9 so this change may have happened then.

The problem im having is when I select a line im unable to edit the length of that line by changeing the "length" value in the properties palette. the little box is greyed out and i can only access the calculator when i click on the number box.

Im so used to changing values of objects on the fly this way its kinda annoying.

Thanks for your help.

Using 2008... the Length property is greyed out for lines, plines, arcs...

I don't think you could ever edit length via Properties.

Instead of the properties palette you could jjust use the lengthen command. (quick key: Len) I realize this may not be the answer your looking for but in long run it can be much faster.

Alternatively, if you turn on Dynamic Input, and then hover over one of the endpoint handles of an object, it will show you the length/angle of that object. If you then left-click on that handle you can then use the Tab key to cycle through the different values (length, angle, radius), and key-in the value you want to give it.

At least this way, when changing the length of a line, you can choose from what base you want to lengthen/shorten.