• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AUTOCADMASTER

• BWells

• Cad64

• Glen Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How about giving us some more information? Where are you located? Do you speak Chinese? Are you using AutoCAD with a language pack? Do you have a book that you can read for the version of AutoCAD that you have installed? I'm going out on a limb here and guess that you have not taken a class - right? Any chance of going to a local trade / community school and taking "Intro To AutoCAD"?

This is a great forum that can help you learn AutoCAD - but you have to have at least a base to start from. There are plenty of tutorials that should be linked at the bottom of this page and on the front page of the CADtutor website. They are probably going to be in English - either Queens English or American English. Having never used a non english version of CAD, I don't know if the icons are the same - I would guess that they are. BUT, AutoDESK, in their great wisdom, likes to change icons randomly every now and then, so the icon may be different depending on the version of CAD that the tutorial was created on and you are using.

The icon for a line is a diagonal line with tiny squares on the ends of it. Click it, then click the starting and ending points.

Good luck.

if the keyboard is a problem then just go with the various bottons. right click in the botton area and make sure the draw one has a check nexto it and then click the line icon. it should be the first one. are you working with a ribbon setup or classic?

:roll: Please don't waste our time with nonsense. Post a photo of your keyboard. I have seen chinese keyboards before and they generally have regular letters on the keys also.

chinese-keyboard-black-usb_l.jpg

Ouch. that hurts but .i can say i at least tried to over look the simpplicity of the original question. All in all, something is either really fishy or a huge mis-understanding. I'll not judge one way or the other.

Not trying to be harsh at all. I'm just asking him to post a photo of his keyboard to prove he's legit. But here's a really simple solution. If he really does have a keyboard with no Alpha characters on it, all he has to do is take a quick trip to his local computer store and pick up a standard keyboard. A plain generic keyboard only costs about $20. Problem solved.

But read Fire_col's last post. It pretty much sums up this thread. :lol:

Using a web connected phone to post would solve that problem. But buying a new keyboard solves the other.

Glen

I have to admit to usually ignoring posts from people with user names such as "SuperDooperBestEverAutoCADuser" but I've just looked in on this one. Glad I didn't this time. Be interesting to see if the OP comes back.