what to do - 1/4 vs 1/8 scale lge plans

emr

Hello,

I just became a member after much running around on the web for help.

Probably stupid question but could use proff. advice.

Am preparing a cd set for a 5000+ sq ft. addition to an existing 1200 sf structure. The finished footprint is of a right angle so to speak.

What would you all do as regards to scale.

When I plot to 1/4 I can't fit the entire house in the viewport - but I can at 1/8 scale.

Is it better to split house to 2 pages and keep at 1/4 or keep first floor on one page at 1/8.

I've dimensioned plans in paper space so there are msmnts for accuracy.......

Also why oh why don't dashed lines show up in paper space but do

in model space......

Would appreciate any and all help - nearing desperation.......my thanks in advance

I have deleted your other duplicate thread. Please don't cross post. Just ask your question once and then wait for replies. Everyone will see your post, regardless of its location, and if someone can help, they will reply.

Regarding your questions, the most important thing is legibility. Are your plans readable at 1/8 scale? If so, just use one sheet, but if it's too difficult to read at 1/8 scale, split it into 2 sheets at 1/4 scale.

Dashed line display is a result of your LTSCALE and PSLTSCALE variable settings. Read up on them in your Autocad Help files.

Thank you very much for the reply and pls. forgive the cross post - not much time on hand and was somewhat desperate.

I'll print out both and see what works..I know 1/4 is usually industry standard..hence the question.

I did find the solution for the dashed line issue in an older thread.

Again thank you for helping me!!

I'll print out both and see what works..I know 1/4 is usually industry standard..hence the question.

Yes, that's another consideration. If your plans have to be submitted to the city, or some other agency, they may have specific standards that you will need to adhere to.

Would you recommend implementing dimensions in Model Space as opposed to Paper Space in this situation if there is the possibility of changing scale in the Vport?

I'd hate to dim. everything in 1/8 scale and then have to change scales and lose

my dimension......

.....and how gorgeous is your 3d artwork........esp. "Corridors".... quite beautiful...did you light it in max or PS? ... lovely lighting you have there.....