Having some trouble...with Tangent and Intersect

Seef

I'm taking an Engineering Graphics class and I'm having a hard time trying to get the hang of a couple things. My main problem is I can't seem to get things to intersect so I can trim it... for instance if I were to try to connect 2 lines with a circle with a specific diameter how do I make it so the lines intersect but don't cross over. I've tried object snap but no luck.

And for the second picture... well... I have no idea what I'm doing :oops:

Use "quad" or "tan" object snaps to snap onto the edge of a circle at a specific location, or "cen" for the specific center of the circle or "nea" for a non-precision point anywhere along a circle or line. Or "int" for an intersection of the line and circle.

It depends what you're trying to accomplish. A screenshot would help us see what you're trying to do. If you can label the lines.. that'd be even better

(ie- "Line A" & Line "B")

If a line crosses a circle but isn't selectable as an intersection (INT) then they're on different elevations and/or simply aren't touching.

Ahhh I'm sorry... I didn't even post pics. The first 2 are the ones I was refering too in my post and the 3rd one is more specific of what I need to do. It worked out well there but sometime the lines are at an angle and I can't make it intersect easily.

Obj1.jpg

Obj2.jpg

OBj3.jpg

Ahhh I'm sorry... I didn't even post pics. The first 2 are the ones I was refering too in my post and the 3rd one is more specific of what I need to do. It worked out well there but sometime the lines are at an angle and I can't make it intersect easily.

With the lines drawn, use fillet command, set the radius, pick both lines.

Array would work well for this.

Draw your 43x12 rectangle and do a polyline fillet at '6' to create the rounded ends. Draw a 28 diameter circle using your rectangles radius center point, (highlighted in red).

Polar array these objects at 60 degrees, (6) objects.

Trim and fillet to connect your lines as such:

radius.gif

KC

Kencaz is right, but if you wanted to do it the way you've shown...

Move the circle using on of it's quads as it's basepoint, and "per" on the line as it's target.

Do it two times, one for each quad closest to the lines, moving them onto each line.

Then the Trim command:

Select the circle and the lines, then select the parts of the lines and the parts of the circle you want to get rid of.

It's not the best way to round a corner though, it's not even close... Fillet is the quickest, easiest, and most effective way, just like KC pointed out.