Batch Find & Replace Text

Lee Mac

Alex,

Are you sure you have the latest version? V1.7

Hello Lee. My version is 1.4. Where can I download V1.7?

Thanks very much by the way for your attention and for making this great stuff available for free. I really appreciate it.

Have a nice weekend.

Alex

Edited by Alexandre

Alex,

Many thanks for your kind message, however, I would strongly advise that you remove your email from the post, as you will no doubt receive a huge amount of spam email otherwise.

The latest version as always can be downloaded from the first post of the thread.

Lee

Alex,

Many thanks for your kind message, however, I would strongly advise that you remove your email from the post, as you will no doubt receive a huge amount of spam email otherwise.

The latest version as always can be downloaded from the firsst post of the thread.

Lee

Thanks Lee!

Just did. I tried it out and same issue with the new version. It doesn't work for the capital "S". I guess it should have something to do with my Autocad configuration. Maybe because I'm on a trial version but I doubt it. I doubt it would be the 2011 AutoCAd version either.

I'll do some research on it and let you know what it was in case I do solve this issue.

Have a nice weekend.

Alex

Thanks. Really appreciate it!

I just went through the whole alphabet from "a to z" and also capital from "A to Z" and indeed the issue was just with the capital "S"

You're right Alex, when attempting to remove MText formatting codes from strings, the replacement algorithm is messing with the capital 'S'.

Edited by Lee Mac

Hi Alex,

I'm working towards a fix for your reported issue and a few other bugs for the next version.

Thanks for your patience & valued feedback.

Lee

Hi Alex,

I'm working towards a fix for your reported issue and a few other bugs for the next version.

Thanks for your patience & valued feedback.

Lee

Thanks! That's great you caught it as well.

Very nice program Lee..and very complex for us beginners... :)

anyway...

Is there a way to select multiple files within the folder and not all the contents of that folder.. reason i ask is we are working on a server and mulitple users access them, so if i wanted to run the program while somebody else is editing/adding files,

i believe that files will be somehow affected by the routine.

another question is.. or rather a request.. can you point out where in your code that you were able to access un-opened files? i've been wanting to do that for a long time now, but no luck..i usually open the files first then access them via vla-get-documents...

thanks sir. :D

Is there a way to select multiple files within the folder and not all the contents of that folder.. reason i ask is we are working on a server and mulitple users access them, so if i wanted to run the program while somebody else is editing/adding files,

i believe that files will be somehow affected by the routine.

I would love to incorporate that functionality into the routine, but, without creating my own dialog to do so, it is quite difficult to achieve and still have the routine function on all platforms. For example, I could exploit the UserAccounts.CommonDialog, but this only works on XP, there is also the SAFRCFileDlg.FileOpen object - but again, this is restricted to XP. Then there is a manipulation of InternetExplorer to create a file browsing interface - but again, this is not entirely stable.

another question is.. or rather a request.. can you point out where in your code that you were able to access un-opened files? i've been wanting to do that for a long time now, but no luck..i usually open the files first then access them via vla-get-documents...

I use ObjectDBX to access the file information without opening the files - I don't believe ADesk developed this area too much however, as there are still a few bugs when it comes to saving the document (loss of drawing thumbnail), and also with attribute positioning. I can't really point out a single place, as half the code uses this functionality.

Lee

Updated to Version 1.9

This should hopefully fix the issue discussed in the past few posts, and also allow 'special' characters to be found and replaced (eg. asterisks, brackets etc).

Note also that 'Load' & 'Save' buttons have been added to allow a set of search/replace strings to be loaded/saved.

Lee

Updated to Version 1.9

This should hopefully fix the issue discussed in the past few posts, and also allow 'special' characters to be found and replaced (eg. asterisks, brackets etc).

Note also that 'Load' & 'Save' buttons have been added to allow a set of search/replace strings to be loaded/saved.

Lee

This is great! I checked the whole alphabet, capitals and small letters, on a single line text enabling the "current draw only option" .

PERFECT!

just a thx

i'm stil new at using Lisp, but this is the second lisp i use almost every day, Lencal is my favorit til now.

Thx for that lovely code Lee, i even sometimes watch the code it self, don't understand it, but it's the same with art ;)

JOhn (Belgium)

Lee Mac,

Great program.

I run lisp routines at work from a thumb drive.

This program saves files to the AutoCAD support folder on the company computer.

If there a way to make it create the files in the same location as the .lsp?

Lee Mac,

Great program.

I run lisp routines at work from a thumb drive.

This program saves files to the AutoCAD support folder on the company computer.

If there a way to make it create the files in the same location as the .lsp?

Hi kramer,

Firstly, I'm glad you like the program :)

You can manually edit the 'SavePath' to which the DCL/CFG files are saved, change:

Line 1549

(if (not (vl-file-directory-p (setq SavePath (LM:GetSavePath))))

To

(if (not (vl-file-directory-p (setq SavePath "C:\\YourFolder\\YourSubFolder")))

Remember to use double backslashes in the path and not use a trailing backslash (i.e. end with the folder name).

Lee